WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR WEDDING NIGHT
With everything you need to plan and organise before the wedding and the actual day, the wedding night can be easy to overlook. So to avoid you having to sneak out the morning after in your wedding dress, here are a few tips to help you pack and prepare for it.
A few tips:
Pack the bag in advance – don’t leave it for the wedding day.
Make sure you ask the hotel maid or a wonderful friend to tidy up the room and add some romance, like a rose on the bed, if you got ready there. All the work and should be done beforehand, so when you and your newlywed husband get back after the party you will walk into a romantic setup.
Let your hair down on your wedding night unless it has been heavily sprayed and pinned up – in which case best to leave it up to avoid the frizzy, all-over-the-place look.
- Toiletries to pack
- Make-up remover
- Face wash
- Perfume (your husband's favourite)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Make-up essentials
- Hair brush
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A hair band
A bag for the pins you will be taking out of your hair
Add to the romance
- Candles and lighter / matches
- Sexy lingerie
- Perhaps few toys (a blindfold for example – or read 50 Shades of Grey for more in-depth inspiration)
Lube – after 12 hours of dancing and drinking you will be dehydrated. That means everywhere...
- Casual clothes for the day after
- Comfortable shoes
- Fresh underwear
- Swimsuit if the hotel/place you are staying has a pool, sauna, steam-room or hot-tub
- The bag your wedding dress comes in
- Shoe bag for your wedding shoes
- A small bag for all accessories (tiara, veil etc)
- Contraception – unless you are ready to throw them out and start a family.
- Some nice snacks in case you get hungry during the night or in the morning.
- Bottle of water and other drinks you want.
- The gooms / brides gift
If your wedding night does not go as planned – don’t worry. Most couples don’t ‘seal the deal’ that night. After so much commotion during the day and probably into the early hours of the morning, passing out from exhaustion is the most likely...
Suitcases from Luck & Luck