A Candle-lit Wedding?
June 24, 2018
Votive candles, pillar candles, taper candles, floating candles…there are a lot to choose from. And, it provides the perfect setting for a very romantic atmosphere both at day-time and night-time weddings. Not to mention what they add to the photos…
Why incorporate candles?
- Creates a romantic atmosphere
- Looks great in wedding photos
- You can create a nice and subtle scent if you use scented candles
- Set the scene; for example, in the church you can have all lights on while guests are sitting down and when the bride walks in, dim the lights and leave the candles to create a wonderful setting.
- Worried about mosquitoes? Get candles which keep them away. If they are a bit ugly – you can always paint or decorate them.
- Ask your bridesmaids to each hold a candle as they walk up the aisle.
Keep in mind
- Avoid candles down the aisle – fire hazard. Same with other areas where many people will pass by. If you want lighting in these areas, you can always use tiny Christmas lights for added sparkle.
- Ensure it is not too dark for the photos. Think about adding some key spot lights where the main photos will be taken. Speak to your photographer about this and do some tests before the big day.
There are countless ways you can use candles to light up your day, here are a few pictures to get you inspired.
If you like this post, please share it.
Image credit: Pixabay